Luna discovered the wishing well located on the farm! She might be into science, but she’s always been a bit of a dreamer who believes in the magic of wishing for something. She hopes that maybe she and Jasper’s family will become a little bigger very soon.
Jasper decides it might be fun to raise some bugs on the farm, crickets are his favorite so far! Luna other hand is slightly concerned that they might harm her plants. Jasper assures her that the plants will be safe and that the crickets will stay in their little home.
Luna finally settled into the new house has already set to work on her garden and plant research! She takes every opportunity to jot down notes and collect data on the growth of each and every plant in her care.
Create Your Character
Have a backstory: Who is your sim? How old are they? Do they have a family? Where were they born? These are a few of the questions I often ask myself when creating a new sim. Creating your sims backstory can be as simple or as complex, as you want, what matters is that you have fun with it.
If you want a more insight into how I go about creating the backstories for my sims here are some things I consider.
- What are their hobbies, favorite things, & goals?
- What is their family background? Are their parents still alive?
- Where did they grow up? Where they from a financially well off family or one that struggled to make ends meat?
- Did they have a childhood best friend?
- Did they have a pet growing up or do they currently have a pet?
This list is by no means a completed one, but just a few things that might spark an idea for you to bring more life to your sims! After I determine the basics of my sims back story I move on to traits and aspirations!
Traits & Aspirations:
- When choosing my sims aspiration I don’t focus on the aspiration that fits them the best, but instead, focus on what bonus trait the aspiration gives my sim. I do this because aspirations can be changed in-game at any point. You may even want to work on more than one aspiration at any given time..
- When choosing my sims traits I look at their backstory once again and then choose what feels right for me at the time.
For example: Luna in my Willow Legacy loves plants and so I gave her the Loves the Outdoors trait, she is also a very kind person, so I also gave her the Cheerful trait, her last trait, Family Oriented comes from the fact that in her backstory she was raised in an orphanage so she longs for a big family to call her own.
- Their are also some people who chose one “negative trait” to balance out their sims personality. While this works for a lot of people I personally still go with what traits feel right and work in the “negative trait” through actions within gameplay as we only have three traits that we get to choose and I find it can feel too limiting at times.
Your sims style:
- Now for the final part and personally one of my favorite parts of creating a sims! Choosing your sims style. Again as with everything this can be as simple and complex as you want. For me I at least try to be consistent, sticking to a style that fits the sim and even trying to incorporate their favorite color as well as what they can financially afford.
For example: If my sim wouldn’t wear a skirt for any reason I wouldn’t give that sim a skirt or dress even in formal wear. If my sim doesn’t wear a lot of make-up I again keep it consistent through every outfit, and it goes the other way around too, if my sim wears make up all the time I make sure to give almost every outfit some.
- I also give my sim at least a few outfits in their everyday wear so that they don’t have to wear the same thing all the time, this however is my personal preference and by no means has to be how you choose to create your sim. That about covers all I have to say about creating sims! The next Storytelling Guide to Gameplay post will cover how I build up my sims world!
Jasper decided to surprise Luna with a romantic trip to the city where they dressed their best and attended the romance festival. Luna ends up finding great amusement in tickling her husband. Jasper wanting her to stop grabs her by the waist and pulls her into a passionate kiss.
Storytelling in the sims is my favorite part of playing. I love seeing what crazy things my sims can find themselves in. I also really can’t get enough of family gameplay and storylines. This guide is my way of making the game feel more immersive and connected,from simple tips to more detailed ones.
I’ll be going through simple things like creating a sim, adding more to the world to do, and even using some systems from various packs in ways that you might not have thought about.
In the next post the first thing we’ll dive into will be Create-A-Sims and more importantly how to create a sims with a story you want to tell.
Luna and Jasper begin their day with some cooking and laundry washing. Jasper spends a relaxing morning outside tending to each of their clothes carefully, while Luna attempts to make them a home-cooked breakfast…however cooking isn’t her strong suit.
- Loves the Outdoors
Jasper is a budding young writer and currently works a desk job writing various articles for the local newspaper. He doesn’t hate the job but does find the work rather boring. His biggest dream is to become a successful novelist so that he can spend more time at home once he and Luna have children. He like Luna loves the outdoors and often spends what little free time he has tending to his little bug farms, and fishing.
- Family Oriented
- Loves The Outdoors
Luna is a budding botanist, and loves plants almost as much as she loves her husband. She works hard to grow a large garden on the farm while also studying and experimenting with various types of plants. Being a botanist she writes up reports on her findings and only has to go into the actual office once in a blue moon. Being able to work from home is very helpful due to the fact she and Jasper want to raise a large family.
Jasper & Luna Willow are childhood sweethearts and newly married! They’ve just purchased their first home in Brindleton Bay and are eager to start their lives together and maybe even grow a family to call their own. Both Luna and Jasper were raised in the Willow Creek Plumbs & Bobs Orphanage and have never really had anyone but each other to count on.